Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Medjugorje Conference at Notre Dame

Medjugorje Conference at Notre Dame

“Once I asked Cardinal Ratzinger what he thought about Medjugorje. He answered me that the tree is recognized by the fruits and good fruits are a sign of God’s presence! ... I have come now to thank Our Lady for this beautiful gift.”
Bishop John Evangelist Martins Terra




See more of Bishop Martins Terra's comment below, sourced from:


http://www.medjugorje.ws/en/articles/bishops-medjugorje/7



Press Bulletin: As a bishop, pastor of the Church you know that our local bishopis not favorable to these events. Does that bother you?
Bishop Martin: No, because there are also other bishops who think otherwise. I would like to recall the archbishop of Pescara who is my great friend and every year we go to the spiritual exercises in San Marino together with Fr. Gobbi. Every year spiritual exercises are organized for priests and bishops and that way also the archbishop of Pescara often comes. One time he told me that he asked the Holy Father about these events. "Holy Father what should I do when the faithful from my diocese of Pescara want often to go on pilgrimage to Medjugorje?" "What are they doing?" asked the Holy Father. "They pray and go to holy confession." "Well, isn't that good?" answered the Holy Father. I worked for ten years with the Holy Father and with Cardinal Ratzinger. Cardinal Ratzinger is a wonderful man, full of spirituality and very pleasant. Sometimes I hear it said about him that he is very strict and serious, but I think he is a man with a big heart. Once I asked him what he thinks about this movement. He answered me that the tree is recognized by the fruits, because good fruits are a sign of God's presence.
Press Bulletin: Cardinal Ratzinger told you that?
Bishop Martin: Yes.
Press Bulletin: About Medjugorje?
Bishop Martin: Yes, about Medjugorje and about Fr. Gobbi. For both movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment